Here it is. My first blog post. And to be honest I’m a little freaked out. I find talking so much easier. Writing is daunting. I struggle to come up with the right words, I can’t read your expression to know if you’re interested, falling asleep, or quite frankly haven’t got a clue what I am talking about and think I’m a little crazy!
But here goes. I’ve decided to go ahead and do this. And I’m doing this because I believe we need more conversation about this issue. More conversation about our sexuality: its purpose, its meaning, its design. How to understand it and how to embrace it.
Why I care
Everyone wants to love and to be loved. And I believe everyone deserves the chance to experience that love and happiness. When I look around I see a lot of unhappy people and I think a lot (not all, but a LOT) of that unhappiness could be avoided.
I believe we have been sold a lie. A big, fat, ugly lie. A lie so well disguised (or so it appears at first), so widely accepted, that it never occurs to us to question it or challenge it or to look behind it to find the truth. And I believe that lie is ruining lives. I know it was ruining mine.
But I believe lives can change. That truth can be brought to light. And you have a right to know that truth! I believe there is an answer, an answer that brings joy and happiness like you have never known, an answer that brings freedom: freedom to love.
But like anything worth something in this life it is not always easy to do. Edward Cullen fights the overwhelming urge to drink Bella’s blood to stick to his ‘vegetarian’ version of vampire. Bruce Wayne overcomes his childhood fears and pushes his body to its physical limits to free Gotham from overconfident criminals. This blog endeavours to help you navigate through these challenges to find true joy, true freedom, true love.
Here For You
And here I’ll betray one of my nerdy guilty pleasure: lists. Here are four ways NewHope Talks can help you. It will:
- Give insights for navigating the day to day life in the midst of a culture that values the lie.
- Find and create resources to help you get more information.
- Answer your questions. You can email me, comment on a post, write on the Facebook page – I want to hear from you! I want to help you achieve the most in your life and relationships – and help you do the same for those you love.
- Provide support. Life is not meant to be lived in isolation. Especially when you are living your life to it’s fullest potential, when you’re stepping out counter culturally. Let’s make this a community where we can fire-up and encourage each other!
- Keep you in the loop. From time to time there are events (small ones and not so small ones) that can do the above four things but in a real life setting. Sometimes I’ll run them, sometimes I’ll know who’s running them. Either way I’ll let you know. And if I leave something out that you know about, well consider it your job to spill the beans!
So, what now?
Do you know someone who’s trying to live counter culturally and could do with the help? Do you know someone who has been fed the lie and is ready to get out? Or do you know someone who could be a valuable part of this NewHope Talks community? I’d love it if you would share this post with them!
Ok, well that’s it for now. So until next time, thanks for reading!